Morris Associates are specialists in Construction Disputes Resolution with a particular specialisation in forensic delay analysis.
On 30 June 2008, Richard Morris joined global top-ten Quantity Surveying and Dispute Resolution Consultancy Systech International as Head of Expert Services. Morris Associates is not taking on any new instructions as a consequence.
We particularly provide the following services to Client Organisations, Contractors, Subcontractors, Solicitors, Insolvency Practitioners and Professional Practices in connection with contractual and financial problems on construction and civil engineering projects both in the United Kingdom and internationally:
- Provision of staff on a regular and continuing basis to review progress, correspondence and records on projects for potential and actual contractual difficulties and disputes and to resolve any such difficulties quickly, efficiently and with the most economical result both in terms of time and money for Clients;
- Preparation and negotiation of contracts, subcontracts, warranties and guarantees;
- Provision of contractual advice as to the basis and likely success of claims;
- Preparation and negotiation of claims and counterclaims using project management critical path constraint and forensic delay analysis techniques to simulate the effects, both in terms of time and money, of individual events;
- Defence against submitted claims from Contractors and Subcontractors;
- Professional and technical support in litigation and arbitration proceedings;
- Adjudication ‘rapid response’ teams to defend adjudication proceedings;
- Acting as Expert Witness on programme matters such as extensions of time, delays and disruption;
- Acting as Arbitrator;
- Acting as Adjudicator; and
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services.
All documents prepared for these services are produced to a very high standard of content and presentation using state-of-the-art word-processing, spreadsheet, project management/planning and database computer software. Such documents are prepared from the outset to be sufficiently detailed and to such a format as to be able to form the basis of pleadings in arbitration or litigation if required. There is then limited need for further research and documentation thus representing the most cost-effective service to clients.
Forensic or retrospective delay analysis may take the form of time impact analysis, collapsed as-built analysis, impacted as-planned analysis or as-planned -v- as-built analysis, depending upon the level of factual material available.
Turning to the question of costs, our services are provided at rates which are flexible and on terms that always lead to substantial savings over other, larger firms of consultants. Our current client base includes, amongst others, NHS Trusts, Solicitors, subcontractors and top-twenty Contractors who have been providing a regular flow of repeat business due to the commitment and quality of service we offer.
“one of these up-and-coming people who… know a thing or two about construction dispute resolution”